Production of all established products continued to increase as the company started 1942. However, wartime restrictions and quotas of raw materials was now beginning to make it extremely difficult to supply products for "non essential" use. Those customers who could not endorse their orders with a Ministry of Works priority authorisation found that it was not possible for Evode to give a firm delivery date. Dr. Simon and Mr. Forman were now spending a great deal of their time visiting and corresponding with various Government Departments and Ministers to try and gain increased allocations of raw materials. Their efforts met with some success, which now meant that Dr. Simon could also concentrate on acquiring new business. Due to petrol rationing he could only use his car for short journeys and he therefore travelled much of the time by train. On many occasions he reported that the train arrived many hours late or did not stop at the station he wanted due to air raids. Matters were not made any easier for him as stations were blacked out and more than once he found himself getting out at the wrong one. Undoubtedly the most frustrating problem that Dr. Simon was having to deal with was, to get Evode products written into specifications. Even when contractors were happy to use Evode not all architects or ministry departments would give their approval. One such case is shown in {_36_} concerning George Wimpey who were carrying out construction work at Watford Airfield and wanted to use Evode Frost Protective. However, the military needs of war were not always treated with the urgency they should have been and Dr. Simon was asked by the contractor to try and sort out the problem. He was always unwilling to tolerate delays of any kind and quickly obtained an appointment with the Ministry of Works in London. He was now able to produce not only a mass of test results on Evode products but also letters from users {_37_} some of whom were the countries largest Building Contractor. Following Dr. Simon's visit to London, George Wimpey received approval from the Architects to use Evode and some very large orders for Frost Protective were received from the site.

An interesting notice produced by Mr. Forman, giving the conditions of employment in October 1942, is shown in {_38_} . However, depending upon the availability of raw materials, the hours worked were regularly increased by overtime and often exceeded 70 hours per week. At the end of the financial year for 1942 the directors report is shown in {_39_} indicated that turnover had been very satisfactory. For the future however the rate of increase could not be foreseen due to quota and other restrictions .