The Dove becomes Evode in 1940 and the future of the Company is jeopardised by the internment of Dr H Simon and Mr JJE Forman. The Company was taken over by the Board of Trade and the factory moves from 1 Glover Street to 22 Stone Road.
1946 - 1950 saw many important events such as the move back to Glover Street, the introduction of adhesives (Evo-Stik) and the licensing of companies to manufacture our products abroad.
1951 to 1955 saw the continued growth of Company products, particularly adhesives. This resulted in the formation of the Industrial Adhesives Division in 1951. The building of a new Adhesive factory at Common Road was completed in 1954, followed by polishes and bitumen in 1955.
The next seven years saw the Common Road site being expanded with the occupation of new offices and the building of a bigger laboratory. It also became necessary to build a bigger adhesives factory as the original factory was then occupied by the surface coatings division. In 1963 Evode became a public company with a change of name to Evode Holdings Ltd., and the employees were given the opportunity to purchase shares.