1932 3 June: Spic & Span Shoe Company. An association between Mr Adolf Axelrath of Yankee Polish Hamburg with Bostock family to sell shoe polishes in Lotus & Delta shops. 'Dove' brand registered.
1934 John JE Forman joins as manager of Spic & Span.
1937 Mounting losses move Bostocks to liquidate company. Mr Axelrath has other ideas and meets Dr Simon, partner in a building chemical company in Germany, who wants to flee the nazis with his family.
1938 Dr Simon joins Spic & Span in January. During the next few years he transforms the company into 'chemicals, waterproofing & bitumens' business essential to the British war efforts.
1940 Name change from Dove to Evode. Reverse dove and append 'E'
1947 Evo-Stik brand name registered.
1948 London offices opened.
1949 First licensee, Emmanuel Walden of Helsinki.
1950 Development of Evo-Stik Impact and 528 adhesives.
1952 'Great fire of Glover Street'. Labs damaged, no formulation losses.
1956 Commencement of Building on the Common Road Site.
Jack Linnell joined theCompany as Financial Director & Company Secretary.
1957 Barrie Liss joins the Company as Personal Assistant to Dr Simon.
1960 Evo-Stik Impact advertised on television. During the 50's & 60's there were about 15 licensee agreements. Rapid increase in technical staff herald new products; Siliconised polishes, Low creep PVA, Readymixed ceramic tile adhesives, Flashband and Gun-O-Prene.
1963 Evode Holdings Limited becomes a public quoted company.
Evode '25' Club formed; Dr Simon, John Forman & Cyril Lawton become the first members. Awards made at Christmas Dance held at the Borough Hall, Stafford.
1964 Evo-Stik Resin 'W' launched. Evo-Stik Flashband patented.
1969 New Canteen block opened.
1972 John JE Forman retires at age 62.
1974 Dr Simon awarded the CBE for services to export.
Sports and Social Club officially opened 30 July.
1978 October: Dr Simon dies after a short illness.
1979 Andrew Simon becomes Chief Executive.
1980 David Winterbotton joined company as Finance Director.
1982 New warehouse on Common Road site opened by Hugh Fraser MP.
1987 Visit by The Princess Royal to commemorate 25th aniversary.
1989 During the 1980's many acquisitions were made culminating in 1989 with Chamberlain Phipps group.
1993 3rd February Laporte complete acquisition of Evode Group.
1996 28th December Laporte sell Evode to Elf. Group named Ato Findley but the Evode trading name is retained.
2000 June: Ato Findley merged with Bostik
Becomes known as Bostik Findley from 1st January 2001.
Evode trading name ceased.
Evo-Stik a major brand in company's portfolio.